Friday, December 19, 2014

Believe and Let Believe

Something circulating on social media got me thinking.  It goes something like this:
If you're Jewish, please wish me "Happy Hanukkah."  
If you're Christian, please wish me "Merry Christmas."  
If you want to wish me "Joyous Kwanzaa," please do so.  
If you wish me "Happy Holidays," I'll happily return the greeting.
If you want to wish me "Happy Winter Solstice," I will share your joy.
Whatever your seasonal greeting, I will be happy to share it with you!

For atheists to take government entities, companies, schools, and individuals to court over holiday displays or greetings is simply mean-spirited.  There is no inherent offense in these things.  They don't exclude or marginalize anyone.  They are done in a friendly community spirit of rejoicing and sharing, with complete absence of malice.

Judges should start dismissing these frivolous, mean-spirited suits the minute they are brought.

1 comment:

Note that comments are moderated.